He is an aweful person.
他是一个可怕的人。
He carried on something
awful.
他做了很糟糕的事情。
I hate carrot. It really tastes
awful.
我讨厌胡萝卜。它实在太难吃了。
The food at this restaurant was absolutely
awful; it tasted like leftovers from a week ago.
这家餐厅的食物糟透了,尝起来像是一个星期前的剩菜。
The weather today is just terrible, with constant rain and gloom.
今天的天气糟透了,一直在下雨,阴沉沉的。
Her performance in the play was horrendous, she couldn't even remember her lines.
她在剧中的表现糟透了,连台词都记不住。
The customer service at this store is
awful; they never seem to have what I need.
这家商店的服务态度极差,他们总是找不到我需要的东西。
His behavior towards his children was despicable; he never showed any affection or kindness.
他对孩子的行为恶劣透顶,从不表现出任何爱或善良。
The traffic jam was unbearable, we were stuck in our cars for hours.
交通堵塞让人无法忍受,我们在车里困了好几个小时。
The movie had an abysmal script; it was full of clichés and predictable plot twists.
这部电影的剧本糟糕透顶,充斥着陈词滥调和可预测的情节转折。
Her cooking skills are horrendously bad; I wouldn't dare eat another meal she prepares.
她的烹饪技术糟透了,我再也不敢吃她做的饭了。
The hotel room was in such an
awful state, it looked like it hadn't been cleaned in months.
酒店房间的状态糟透了,看起来像有好几个月没打扫过了。
The project turned out to be an utter disaster; we wasted so much time and resources.
这个项目彻底失败了,我们浪费了大量的时间和精力。
To put it bluntly, the food served at food courts in Hong Kong is simply awful.
"This awful experience inspired me.
"My milk tea tasted awful, and the paper straws got soft and partly dissolved after a period of time in the drink, which made it hard to suck up the chewy tapioca balls.
我的奶茶味道很难喝,而且纸质吸管在饮料里泡了一段时间后变得软绵绵的,部分溶解了,这使得吸食弹性的珍珠变得很困难。
"As we go forward, there are some challenges on the national relationship, but I think when we can connect the scientific-engineering discussions, there's an awful lot of benefit for both sides," said Robert Weisenmiller, chair of the California Energy Commission.