Eric's witty remark caused a storm of laughter.
埃里克的妙语引起一阵哄堂大笑。
We were very intellectual and witty.
我们才思敏捷,风趣诙谐。
Eric is a very witty speaker.
埃里克说话妙语连珠。
I told my wife she should embrace her mistakes—she gave me a hug.
我告诉妻子她应该拥抱自己的错误——结果她给了我一个拥抱。
I'm reading a book on anti-gravity. It's impossible to put down.
我正在读一本关于反重力的书,简直爱不释手。
I used to be a baker, but I couldn't make enough dough.
我以前是个面包师,但我赚的钱不够多。
I'm reading a cookbook on pancakes right now. It's very engaging—it has a lot of flipping pages.
我现在正在读一本煎饼食谱,非常吸引人——有很多翻页的地方。
I'm on a whiskey diet. I've lost three days already.
我在进行威士忌减肥法,已经瘦了三天了(意思是喝醉了三天)。
I told my wife she should embrace her inner child—I'm now sleeping on the couch.
我告诉妻子她应该拥抱内心的童真——现在我睡在沙发上了。
I'm not lazy, I'm just conserving energy for when I'll really need it—like during an apocalypse.
我不是懒惰,我只是在为真正需要的时候保存能量——比如末日来临的时候。
I'm writing a book about teleportation—it's bound to take me places.
我正在写一本关于瞬间移动的书,它注定会带我去往不同的地方。
I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not sure.
我以前总是优柔寡断,现在我不确定了。
I just watched a documentary about beavers—best dam show I've ever seen.
我刚看了一个关于海狸的纪录片——这是我见过的最好的“水坝”节目(dam在这里是双关语,既指海狸筑的堤坝,也有“该死的”的俚语意思,表达非常棒)。
The company has launched Starbucks Now services with warmhearted and witty lines to create unique connections with consumers and make each cup of coffee more personalized.
该公司已推出星巴克Now服务,通过热情洋溢且妙趣横生的对话方式与消费者建立独特的情感连接,力求让每一杯咖啡都更具个性化特色。
Brimming with recipes, folklore, origin stories, and witty chats with the cooks, vendors, and fellow gastronomes they've met along the way, the book takes readers on a culinary journey outside of the restaurants and into the streets of different regions of China.
未经许可,严禁转发。QQ交流群:688169419